Saturday, September 30, 2006

M Jak Milosc Odcinki Online 804

Step 16 - Reliegos - Leon

A stage that was supposed to be short, but eventually became a medium. From Reliegos to Leon are nearly 25 miles, but it was well worth it.

Mansilla de las Mulas is quite nice, although the hostel is worse than Reliegos, I think I should have spent the night there to visit the city I saw the wall and the sanctuary of the Virgen del Camino, and after breakfast there, followed the road to Apollonius, Steve, Evelyn and Austrian girls who never got to know their names, they did not speak a word of English and English a rare .


All nations before arriving in Leon are, in other cities earlier miniature bedroom communities in which they are not only services, so we quick to arrive at noon the shelter of Leon, which was the only city that was open, because the nuns were trying to exterminate an infestation of bedbugs. In fact we saw some partner with a lot of bites from these bugs, luck had I not end up like them.

The Lion hostel was very nice, modern and no closing time, to visit the city without strain. The first thing I did was go to see the Cathedral, is a pretty pass, huge, and the square around it is great to view on all sides without problems. Inside, much more impressive, is not in as good condition as that of Burgos, but it is amazing. The windows are without doubt the best you have, but the day was not suitable for lighting, because it was cloudy, it was very nice. I missed two things: the first was someone explain me what I was seeing or say any way to get a guide, the cathedral looked like a square, there was no one responsible, even people took pictures with flash. The second thing I missed was something other than windows, removing the roof, the cathedral is poor. That's why I liked most of Burgos, but it is true that this is one of the most beautiful cathedrals I've ever seen.



After spending about an hour walking around the cathedral, I went to see the Plaza de Santo Domingo and the Plaza de San Isidoro with its corresponding church. Very nice, especially curious how low is the roof in the confessionals. It was the last day of celebrations of Leon, so there was a medieval market cross many busy streets. It was very nice, and very realistic, with a strong man throwing bread to the oven, with burros carrying children and a Ferris wheel turned with the force of the pedals of a poor man. I ate a chocolate lattice was delicious.


were also due to the holidays I found the Gaudí building open to the public by exposing the history of music from Leon. The show was not important, what was the most beautiful building, especially on the outside, too than the building of Gaudi in Barcelona.



And finally, I visited the palace, with a beautiful floral display inside. The truth is that Leo is a very nice and very welcoming for the pilgrim, the truth is expected to be larger and impersonal, yet not cost us anything to find the streets to Steve, Evelyn and me to dinner with Luis, the boy met the Galician day spent by Burgos. We left the neighborhood four wet and we had some tapas, all very cheap compared to Madrid.


No comments:

Post a Comment